Henry "Hank" Philip McCoy is an animorph that goes by the alias Beast.
Hank's father worked in a nuclear power plant where he was exposed to large amounts of radiation during an accident. The radiation affected his genes and his son was born an animorph. Along with his unusually large hands and feet, Hank had superhuman intellect and during puberty, he had augmented agility, strength, and reflexes.
During high school, Hank became a star football player. He hid his mutation until his school found out and he was asked to leave. Charles Xavier recruited Hank and he joined the Xavier Institution.
- Gender: Male
- Height: 5'11"
- Weight: 402 lbs
- Eyes: Blue
- Hair: Blue
- Unusual Features: Covered with blue fur; Snout, vertical pupils, pointed ears, fang-like teeth, claws, unusually large hands and feet (shoe size: 20)
- Sadie McCoy (paternal grandmother)
- Norton McCoy (father)
- Edna McCoy (mother)
- Robert McCoy (paternal uncle)
- John McCoy (paternal uncle)
- Cat-like Physiology: Due to Hank being an animorph, he has the appearance of a humanoid cat with fur covering his entire body, sharp claws and fangs, and pointed ears.
- Superhuman Strength: Hank is capable of lifting approximately one ton.
- Superhuman Speed: Hank can run at speeds up to forty miles an hour.
- Superhuman Stamina: Hank can exert himself at peak capacity for several hours before beginning to get tired.
- Superhuman Durability: Hank is more resistant to physical injuries.
- Superhuman Agility: Hank's agility, balance, and coordination are enhanced to levels far beyond that of normal humans.
- Superhuman Dexterity: Hank can perform tasks with his feet equally as good as with his hands.
- Regeneration: Hank's body can repair mild to moderate injuries much faster than average humans.
- Superhumanly Acute Senses: Hank's senses are much more enhanced than that of average humans.
- Pheromone Emission: Hank can secrete pheromones that make others attracted to him.
- Retractable Claws and Fangs: Hank has claws and fangs that are razor sharp and can retract in and out of his fingers and toes.